IDEAS internal web site
|IECON 2012 Special Session on "Research and Development Projects on Industrial Agents"|
Agent technology is a promising approach to address the current challenge of having systems that exhibit better re-configurability, robustness and responsiveness, introducing an alternative way to design control systems based on the decentralization of control functions over distributed autonomous and cooperative entities. Several EU R&D projects, such as IDEAS, GRACE, COSMOS and Self-Learning, are running aiming to deploy multi-agent systems into industrial environments. This session seeks contributions providing the experiences, demonstrations and roadmaps that as being developed under these R&D projects, which will help the industry to assess the application of new automation manufacturing paradigms for approaching the above requirements.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• System of Systems and Complex Systems Engineering;
• Agents and Multi-Agent Systems;
• Web-technology and Service-oriented Architectures;
• Self-organization and other self-* properties in factory automation;
• Application of agent-based and service-oriented technologies in industrial domains, such as manufacturing, power and energy systems (Smart Grids), collaborative networks and logistics.